Trust Your Case To The Experienced Firm.
Our Practice Areas
A Bulldog In The Courtroom
Being charged with a violent, sexual or drug-related crime is serious and can have lasting negative consequences.
You need tough, experienced criminal defense lawyers who understand the law, who know your full rights and when and how to negotiate.
A Devastating Conviction
A conviction, especially of sex crime, can be devastating. It can affect your entire life, including your ability to get a job and live in a neighborhood.
You will need an experienced team that will thoroughly prepare your case, working toward mitigation. Your lawyer needs to be able to understand who you are and present you not as a case, number or behavior, but as a person. Once the other side sees you as a human being, it’s likely they will make reasonable offers. Above all, you need an attorney who knows how and when to negotiate.
Compassionate, Nonjudgmental Representation
At Zuckerman Law, we offer compassionate understanding with no judgment. We understand that the law enforcement and legal system are slanted against people of color, the LGBTQ community and people in poverty. With years of public defending people who often are profiled and even harassed by the police, we understand the battle and are willing to go to war for you.
The Importance Of “Code Switching”
“Code switching” is the ability to speak to different people in the way they understand. At Zuckerman Law, we know that we need to take a different approach when speaking to the judge than when speaking to the arresting officer. We are skilled at navigating between judges, juries, probation officers, experts and prosecutors.
We also know that “legal speak” is hard for most regular people to understand. When you work with us, we will explain things in a way that makes sense to you so that you understand what all the legal mumbo-jumbo means.
Why Choose Our Firm?
Our firm offers multiple benefits, including:
- Trial experience: As a former public defender, Tally Zuckerman knows how to work toward the best outcomes for your case.
- A commitment to equality: We recognize that the legal system and law enforcement procedures are not fair to everyone. We take the protection of our clients seriously – no matter who they are.
- Plain language counsel: You do not need to research the law to understand your situation. We describe the options for your case in an easy-to-understand way.
- Skilled defense for teens and young adults: Our experience in juvenile cases allows us to approach each aspect of your case, including school disciplinary hearings and any psychological factors.
- Free consultations: You can assess your case without the expense of attorney fees. Your first meeting with us is free.
When you need an advocate for a criminal defense, you should be able to trust that your attorney will prioritize your best interests. At Zuckerman Law , we will represent you with the utmost compassion and determination.